Cambridge Community Church in Cambridge, Ontario is looking for a part-time Youth and Worship Director/Pastor to plan and deliver the mid-week youth meetings and assist in the worship ministry of our church. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of the Bible, a passion to reach junior and senior youth (Grade 7-12) for God and an ability to lead all age groups into worship of God through music. This person will work with the staff, Leadership Team and volunteers to fully support the vision and mission of the church in all areas of ministry working collaboratively on shared goals and supporting wider ministries of the church as appropriate while representing the interests of the youth in church life integrating them into the larger church community where all ages are valued and can contribute.
The successful candidate will report to the Family Pastor and will develop and implement teaching, recruiting, training and development of volunteer leaders, and alongside the Staff and Leadership Team, provide support systems to ensure members of different ages and diverse backgrounds are served effectively to fulfill CCC’s vision of “Transforming lives and communities with the love of Jesus” and CCC ‘s youth vision to “Belong, Believe and Become.” This person must be knowledgeable in stages of development and the spiritual understanding and challenges of teens and have the ability to create safe and fun environments to engage these students so they are able to experience and embrace the saving grace of Jesus and grow in spiritual maturity. They will relate well with youth and be able to communicate and build relationships with parents/ guardians and adults of the congregation.
Our church culture is casual and contemporary.
The CCC Youth Director will:
- Co-ordinate with the Family Pastor to recruit new volunteers and to conduct planning and training for the Youth Transform Volunteer Leader Team.
- Plan and co-ordinate the youth Transform mid-week meetings, special events, service/outreach opportunities and annual Snow Camp Recharge trip (or other retreat) in cooperation with the Youth Leader Team and the Family Pastor for our combined Junior and Senior Youth Transform nights.
- Connect regularly with the parents/families of CCC youth to ensure communication of programming and to support teen family life overseeing all internal and external communication that represents CCC youth department.
- Use the CCC Youth Purpose and Mission statement to continue and grow the current youth program through teaching, mentoring, providing service/outreach opportunities and joining the Sunday morning youth team at specific times to make connections with the junior and senior youth that attend Sundays (frequency and time TBD), further building relationships with those that also attend mid-week.
- Oversee the safety of youth, and volunteers by ensuring all volunteers have met the required safety protocols and ensure all paperwork is completed and handed in to satisfy CCC’s safe and secure policies staying current with all appropriate laws and guidelines to ensure full compliance of this ministry.
- Manage the Youth Ministry budget.
- Oversee/manage CCC website up-dates for the youth ministry area as well as maintaining ministry bulletin board.
- Report to the Family Pastor at mutually agreed upon regular intervals to review vision, challenges and any other issues related to this ministry.
- Track and document hours of work per week, identifying the different areas of ministry for record-keeping and clergy residency deductions.
- Participate with the Family Pastor in an annual performance review.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Leadership Team to achieve the overall outcomes and vision of CCC and the CCC youth ministry.
- Participate in leadership and professional development through conferences, seminars, self-directed continuing education (reading, listening to training resources), etc.
- This part of the job role requires on average approximately 9 hours per week.
The CCC Worship Director will:
- Lead Sunday morning worship at least two times per month.
- Collaborate in scheduling the worship teams with the Administrative Director and support weekly practices with the teams (e.g. sound, song selections).
- Find new music and assist teams in choosing music that relates to preaching topics and balances the needs of an intergenerational church (i.e. mix of contemporary and traditional).
- Recruit and develop worship teams to grow our current worship ministry.
- Manage the Worship Ministry budget.
- This part of the job role requires on average approximately 4 hours per week.
- Be a committed Christ follower maintaining a regular prayer and devotional life exhibiting a mature and growing relationship with Jesus as Lord and Saviour
- Have a gifting and passion for youth ministry
- Have a gifting musically and a passion and ability to lead others into worship
- Have a teachable spirit and be a team player who is able to problem-solve, be flexible and work in a collaborative environment
- Able to multitask and work both independently as well as on a team
- Strong leadership, administrative and relational skills necessary to recruit, equip, engage and lead teams
- Handle administrative duties and responsibilities with diligence and integrity, paying careful attention to details and deadlines and able to implement decisions
- Strong teaching and presentation skills with experience in these areas
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Creative and able to “think outside the box”
- Proficient in computer software programs
- High level of confidentiality
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in an area related to children/youth or this ministry
- Have a personal philosophy of ministry that aligns with CCC’s vision, values, and mission as well as the CCC Youth Purpose and Mission Statement, and CCC’s Philosophy of Ministry
- Attend and become a member of CCC
- Be able to provide a current and clear police check for the vulnerable sector
- Complete and sign the CCC Code of Conduct
- Be a positive spiritual and moral example and exercise prudent and Christ-like judgement in dealing with others (children, youth, adults) both inside and outside of the church
- Some formal Bible training
- Previous youth pastor/director experience
- Experience leading worship
- Formal music degree/training
- Experience with Planning Center
Interested in the opportunity? Please send:
- 1. Cover letter explaining your interest and how you fit with CCC
- 2. A resume or CV with at least three relevant references
- 3. Send all info in one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Youth and Worship Pastor
Please not that receipt of application will be acknowledged, however, only those being considered for an interview will receive additional follow-up communication. Position is available November 2023 and closing date for applications is October 1/23.